Dental implants typically have three parts:
- The implant: A screw that serves as a root for your new teeth. This is what permanently attaches to your jaw.
- The abutment: A permanent, but removable by your doctor, connector that supports and holds a tooth or set of teeth.
- The crown: This is the part of the tooth that you can see. It’s usually made of zirconium or porcelain for durability and good looks.
Understanding Dental Implants
Dental implants are an ideal solution for replacement of individuals, several or all your teeth when we have 3 most important factors of form, function and aesthetics in mind. Implant is assembled of a titanium or zirconia post, a dental crown, and a device called an abutment that connects them, these mechanics are exactly similar to how a natural tooth anchors itself to jaw bone. It also stimulates bone growth in jaw to help maintain a stable foundation for all your remaining natural teeth and implants.
Why Dental Implants?
Benefits of implants:
- You can enjoy your favourite food as the ability to bite and chew foods like natural teeth is regained.
- With few or all teeth missing, the face has a sunken appearance and one looks much older than actual age. This is reversed immediately with implants and a well-balanced, natural and radiant smile is achieved.
- Dental implants once done, last for a lifetime if proper care is taken and regular check-ups with the dentist is made.
We at Right choice dental care offer a wide range of dental implant treatments, including single implants, zirconia implants, and All-on-4® that replace an entire arch of teeth with only four implanted posts and a denture. We also offer same-day implants. Dental implants are often a critical part of full mouth rehabilitation programs.
What is the procedure of dental implant?
Implant procedures are absolutely painless and extremely comfortable. Procedure begins with comprehensive dental examination including state-of-the-art digital X-rays. Dentists will determine bone density to ensure its strength to support implants. If there is bone loss in the jaw then the dentist will provide a bone graft or sinus lift before starting the rest of the implant process. A complete treatment plan is prepared for the procedure. Depending on the need we can provide same-day dental implants, or you might have several appointments for the various implantation steps.
- Step 1 – Dentists will surgically place dental implant posts in your jaw. For conventional implants, we need to wait for a few months for the post to bond with the jawbone.
- Step 2 – After a few months’ dentist will attach abutment and take pictures and impression of your mouth to custom design and manufacture your crowns.
- Step 3 – Dentists fit the crowns onto your dental implants, check your bite, and polish the implants until they shine.
- Step 4 – Dentist explains how to take care of your new implants.
How to take care of dental implants
Another benefit of dental implants apart from looking and acting just like regular natural teeth, is their ease of care. Regular brushing and Flossing are enough for lifelong durability of implants. implants aren’t vulnerable to decay but regular dental appointments with a dentist are necessary to monitor the health of your jaw and any remaining natural teeth, as well as your gums.
Call us today or make an appointment online to meet our expert dentist and learn more about how dental implants can restore your smile.
Implant procedure can be done in
Diagnosis and treatment planning done by our dentists are key factors in achieving successful outcomes after placing and restoring implants placed immediately after tooth extraction.
I feel so nice, and Dr. Patel so professional.